The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buddy of mine wants to take a friend of his hunting(a female) her boyfriend on the other hand, doesnt hunt and is not 2 fond of it- i personally think he feels threatened, but.... whats would b a good way 2 go bout the situation?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there,
Doesn't sound like a good situation...Is she really serious with this guy? If it's something that she wants to do, then I would think that he would respect it.

No matter what your buddy does, those two are going to have some issues. Either she goes, and he's upset, or she doesn't go and resents him.

Tough situation. She needs to find a guy that likes to do the things that she's interested in.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Tell her boyfriend to come along. If not for the hunt, at least the scouting and the practice. Only way this is going to happen is if the Hunter and Boyfriend become friends and a sense of trust is gained. However if there is any type of history between the lady and the hunter it will never work.

Trust takes a long time to gain but it is lost in seconds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Being a woman I would not recommend this at any angle. The bf is going to feel threatened on all accounts. She should go with another woman or relative. Agree with MummaDeerArcher - she needs to find a guy with the same interests - the relationship will not work with the woman being an outdoor enthusiast and him not. He will always feel like he's not quite the man if you get my drift. Been there years ago personally - Again -- I would steer clear ...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I fall within the guidelines of this same problem. I just go. This is what I have to say about it. If you make someone pick between "who" they love and "what" they love, you probably aren't going to like their choice. So be prepared when you back someone into a corner. Loving a person, is about loving them completely. Even if you are a little taken back by their choice of hobby and other interests, besides yourself.

It is fair to offer the boyfriend to go along, if he chooses not to...too bad, for him. We get one ticket to live our lives and nobody should pass up the chance, to dance. If "spending time" with her, is important to him than he should make an effort to enjoy being with her, when she would like to do something that she enjoys.

Here is a little something I put together. She is more than welcome to use it. Perhaps, as a greeting card.

Hunting vs. Relationships, by Bethe Gettle

"My... huntin' and fishin', is important to me.

And, if you don't like it, you can get rid of me.

Just itch me off, just like you got fleas.

Cause, I'm out that door as soon as you leave.

Either sittin' on a bank or climbing up a tree.

You know darn well, what it means to me.

So you can sit here and cry, wonder why.

It don't matter, I'll hunt, until I die."

Thank you...thank you!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It is a bad idea.Sounds like a bit of insecurity about the relationship.I have seen this type of situation and it never works out.They would both be better of finding some one to have a relationship with that has the same interests.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lots of guys have wifes that don't hunt and don't think much of it. It is pretty common. They have shopping trips during deer season if that would suit his fancy a little better. Perhaps he could pick up a hobby like beading or he could be the camp cook. Buy him a pretty apron.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I think maybe she should offer him to go along, he may find out he likes it and never knew it.

It's a shot in the dark but you never know, right ??

I would definitly try to include him in it, then if it doesn't work she can't say she didn't try.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I realize that this post is older, but I'm new to the forum so I'll offer up my opinion too

I advise Dude to not take the girl out.
If i have it correctly, your buddy (a guy) wants to take someone elses girlfriend hunting. In the woods. Alone?
If that's the case and I have read it correctly, that's a total deal-breaker!
Trust or not.
She should find a family member or her BF should go too and try to show an interest in what interests her!

Like Vince Vaughn said in The Breakup, "Its not always about doing the things that you love so much as its about doing the things that the person you love loves"

(MESSAGE!) LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts