The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Advice, Feminine Funnel

Ok, this is a serious post and I hope everyone will be respectful.
I'm trying to get my wife more involved in the outdoors. We bought a cabin a few years back. It is adjacent to a large SGL, she loves it there, but wont go out in the woods for more than a couple of hours.
She was raised in the city and has never had to "go" outdoors.
I'm thinking about getting a feminine funnel for her to try. Are these things just a gimic, or do they really work?
Thanks, John

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Re: Need Advice, Feminine Funnel

So you don't feel like you are ignored, logging, I'll answer. I've never used one. Ever. Never will, ever. I pee in the woods; so I have NO clue if they work or not.

I know someone whose daughter refuses to pee in the woods, and he has a bucket for her with the entire bottom cut out. For some reason, thats OK to her, but not just to drop and go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure Barbara would use it either.
It is a shame she can't just go, but I can kind of understand. Unlike a bear, I don't like to (bleep) in the woods.
She has come along way though. She will now use the outhouse after we draindown in the winter.
Thanks Again,
Logging Loco

·
Registered
4,149 Posts

I saw these REAL TREE buckets in WalMart last year and thought of my niece because she won't go in the woods either. I wanted to buy her one but I know I'd lose that dang thing!

I think I'm gonna have to teach that girl how to pee in the woods like a woman!
lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hey Janie, maybe you could come out to 3B and give a 52yo some leasons too!
Barbara and I don't have any children together, but I do have a 35 yo step son, so I gave her a Go Girl for Mothersday.
If it doesn't work out it was worth $9.00 to try it.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts

How did she like it?

I will say... for someone who never got poison ivy, I did get it you know where a couple years ago turkey hunting!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

We haven't been out yet with it. I would think it might be good to try at home just in case.
My buddy and I are going to the cabin this weekend for turkey. Then Wens. Sweetie and I go up for the week to celebrate our eigth anniv.
I'm going to try and get her to go for a long walk in the early AM then stop and make coffee and give her an aniversary present, mabe something small and shiny.
Janie said:
How did she like it?

I will say... for someone who never got poison ivy, I did get it you know where a couple years ago turkey hunting!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts

Janie said:
I saw these REAL TREE buckets in WalMart last year and thought of my niece because she won't go in the woods either. I wanted to buy her one but I know I'd lose that dang thing!

I think I'm gonna have to teach that girl how to pee in the woods like a woman!
lol
This made me laugh. When Sara was very little, we were driving a country road, and she had to go. We were JUST past pull-ups time; so I pulled over and I peed while she watched. She thought it was funny and she did it.

From then on- for about two or three months, if she had to pee; she wanted to go outside! It was like having a puppy!

·
Registered
8,072 Posts

LOL

I was fishing in a pretty rural area and i heard:

"Watch where you pop a squat there might be poisin in them weeds!" in a granny clampet voice.

I almost fell in the creek i was lauging so hard. Thanks Janie for the post and reliving that memory

·
Banned
4,988 Posts

Janie said:
How did she like it?

Leaves of three....
Is no place to P!

·
Registered
4,149 Posts

bowmike said:
LOL

I was fishing in a pretty rural area and i heard:

"Watch where you pop a squat there might be poisin in them weeds!" in a granny clampet voice.

I almost fell in the creek i was lauging so hard. Thanks Janie for the post and reliving that memory
No problem!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts

beagler said:
Please don't jump all over me ladies, but why won't you pee in the woods? I'm having problems understanding this one.
I pee in the woods. So does my daughter. No big deal in this family.

·
Registered
18,421 Posts

If a woman has issues with relieving herself in the outdoors then maybe she doesn't belong there in the first place
. In the event of lack of TP, leaves always work. I'm really not trying to be vulgar here. I can't believe I'm still on this topic to be honest.
I take my 6yr old daughter in the woods every chance I get scouting /teaching her shooting skills ,learning respect for the outdoors, running hounds, fishing and teaching ethical lessons.
Leaves always work in a pinch
. She has no qualms about it. I think the key is not to push youngsters too early. It has to be enjoyable and exciting for the little ones. Always keep them interested and occupied.
Sorry if I deviated from the topic but my daughter means the world to me and I'm thrilled to teach/share my knowledge in the outdoors with her. Seems like today all kids care about are video games, the internet and cell phones.
My dad raised me in the outdoors and my passion for hunting/fishing are boundless. My daughter is the most important thing in my life and I welcome the opportunity to introduce her into the wonderful opportunities that are available to our youth.
She had a blast taking a bucket full of bluegills I located on the nest recently with my dad. The expression means everything. memories like that are priceless.

My little one

I had two hen turkey meandering around my backyard this evening. My daughter immediately ran and picked up a box call she keeps in her room. She proceeded to serenade the hens with some yelping and cutting that actually made them respond back. That's my girl!
I just hope I can encourage her interest in my future endeavors to spend time in the outdoors with me. Sorry if I went off on a rant.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts

Yo, I agree looks kinda dumb to me. If it's out there to sell some one will give up money IMO. I've hunted with 2 girls at times and as with all of us we have to go... One was my sister and she was the worse of the 2. She just would say I gotta go and hardly move away from B-I-L and myself. The other was a friend and she'ed say I gotta go and to me it meant don't look. IMO I knew to look away from them both it isn't to hard if you want to be a good guy. Once the friend girl was along trout fishin and said I need to go. She went into the brush some what and was back in 2 min. flat and said that's better. I never took my eyes from creek. This is a different topic for sure alittle funny too. I understand how hard it is for girls to go like in rifle season when it's cold. AS for the seat on a trailer hitch I had to laugh. My buds would drive away on me for sure and I'ed be holdin on for dear life.....later

1 - 20 of 20 Posts