The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a used Firestorm and it is missing the ramrod. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I picked up 3 of the TC Power rods last year at Wal Mart for CHEAP to replace broken rods in a pinch. I don't like the fact that they're aluminum and "clang" when you hit them off of stuff so after I cut them to lentgh and before I fitted the ends, I filled them with rigid expanding foam. Virtually no extra weight and they are actually a bit stronger now too.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Just picked a T/C power rod at Wal Mart, on sale for $17 if I recall correctly. LIke mentioned, cut to size, install tip, and you're ready to go.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I made a ramrod for one of my older flintlocks out of a 12
gauge shotgun aluminum cleaning rod, the threaded end I just cut of the plastic cleaning rag holder and thats what I would then push the ball down with, another idea to think about

·
Registered
154 Posts
Most places sell the Lyman universal unbreakable ramrod. I think it is 32" long. I bought one for my Trade Rifle to use when hunting. It is made out of the same material as the factory Deerstalker ram rod.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just remember when you cut a rod and use a push on tip pin that thing. They are very hard to remove when they come off down in the barrel especially one with a non removable breech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts