The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flanuva and I held a table at the Ned Smith Festival today in Millersburg. I was very disappointed that not one member showed up to say hi, but was very encouraged by some of the people we did meet. Over 75 vendors were there along with a few thousand visitors. Many were curious about the site, most never heard of it. One man just moved here from Florida and has been looking for a way to connect with PA hunters...turns out he lives 10 minutes from me so he was very excited to come and sign up. A few signed up for a "remind me to register" email and a chance to win HPA merchandise in the coming weeks. It was a good time and we were able to help a few ladies with setting up their tents as well, which in turn prompted them to notice who we were with....good press for us! Here are the pics and we welcome any new members who have signed up after seeing us at the fair.
It is obvious that we need to work on a better table for the banner and get a few HPA pens made up, people like freebies!!!

Flanuva working the table

Me working the table

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
That flanuva guy sure does look handsome!

Seriously though, we had a great time but was a little disappointed that no one from the site made it out.

We talked to alot of people and some were interested but didnt have internet. The others that did, were interested and we hope to see some start posting.

Overall a good day ! Thanks to Dennis for coming out and enduring the hit on the head and the impending lawsuit

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, I'm not sure who attracted the most ladies, it was pretty close, LOL!

LOL, no problem, my fractured skull is healing fine. Dang Chesapeake Bay Banner Holder! Oh well, maybe i'll get rich off this one

·
Super Moderator
28,012 Posts
Sounds like you guys did a great job for the site.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
First year in a long time I didn't make it to the Ned Smith festival. I see you were across from Putt. Very nice location!

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Something I need to put on my calendar for next year....although why put an ugly grumpy mug in that booth between those two friendly looking guys.

Guys I just want to thank you again for taking the buck by the horns to further a site so many believe in....top nothc class acts and one heckuva a team desgining stuff.

This winter I have plans to make a backdrop wall that will make it look like a hunting camp....
was going to construct it last winter, Going to need a enclosed Outdoor show trailer by the time all is said in done.

GREAT JOB!!!

Don't get to discouraged on not meeting alot of members...I have attended or put on several events and come to learn that just meeting even one new outdoor minded folk is worth the effort.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks RB, it was our pleasure

once my housing project is completed, flanuva and I will both have more free time hopefully, so this is just the tip of the iceberg from us

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Dennis and Walt, you guys are the best! Looks like HPA had a good presentation thanks to you. I look forward to being involved with you in other events in the future.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Looks like a great day for it . I had all intentions of attending but had our kitchen all ripped up while the plumber and carpenter did their thing. Next year for sure . Good couple of guys to represent us - thanks !!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Sorry I didn't make it to the Festival this year, I had friends visiting from Ontario for the weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts