The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was finally able to make the trip out west with a group of buddies. We had this trip planned for over a year now. We hunted the pine ridge and I was able to tag this big tom on the second day of our trip!
It's my first Merriams and definitely the most beautiful place I have chased turkeys. One of the other guys also took a bird on the same day. Unfortunately we had to pack up camp early due to bad weather. It was still a great trip and awesome experience!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
The Pine Ridges are addictive...………. Yep.

Beautiful birds !!!! CONGRATS !!!

Chadron ?? Crawford ?? Fort Robinson ??

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Love Merriams. Really want to take one or two some day.

I’ve got a buddy from Chadron who keeps telling me to come out because the area is polluted with turkeys. Might have to take him up on the offer...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful bird! You've now seen why Nebraska is an incredible destination turkey state.

Was this in the Pine Ridge area proper, or a CRP-MAP walk-in area? Lots of options out that way.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats! Beautiful bird! You've now seen why Nebraska is an incredible destination turkey state.

Was this in the Pine Ridge area proper, or a CRP-MAP walk-in area? Lots of options out that way.
Thanks! It really is awesome turkey hunting. This area was the Nebraska National Forest

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Thanks! It really is awesome turkey hunting. This area was the Nebraska National Forest
That a gorgeous stretch and reminds me a lot of the Black Hills area just north of it in South Dakota. Jealous that you got to see such great country. Time to make a fishing trip up there with the ol' fly rod and just stare at it all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts