The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going from one farm to another, I spy an immature Bald Eagle sitting in a field...

I could see it was eating something... it kept trying to fly with it's catch but couldn't get very far...

Finally I got a good look at it's Thanksgiving meal...

...It's a cat! I always did like eagles, now I like them a lot more!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I didn't know they liked Chinese take out! Who woulda thought?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I wonder if the cat was already dead? Bald eagles are more like big vultures. I was worried though the other day when a mature eagle was flying around near a fox in one of my traps- like if it was really hungry, would it kill and eat my fox? Fox was untouched, and so I was thankful the eagle wasn't a golden eagle!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Last year I had a Bald Eagle take a Red from a trap and was sitting about 50 yards away from the set when I arrived. It flew away when I drove up. It had eaten about 1/2 the Fox till then. PSB1011 had a simaler experience-twice last year. We do have a lot of local as well as transient Eagles that pass thru on their way to the bay areas.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Its possible that he either killed it himself or was scavenging. Theres a farm near my house here, by the susky where eagles were taking farm cats...fairly often actually over the summer

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Mr. (or Mrs.) Eagle, YOU da Man!

·
Registered
93 Posts
go to youtube and type in eagle catches deer.some other interesting videos of eagles on there as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts