The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After day 1, Ohio State has a 2 point lead with 5 wrestlers advancing to the quarterfinals today. Logan Stieber is going after his 4th National Championship.

Finals are on ESPN tomorrow night at 8pm.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A friend of mine is the head coach at American University and one of his wrestlers David Terao just lost to undefeated Alan Waters from Missouri. AU has 2 wrestlers at the tournament (Terao and John Boyle), and both have 1 loss now.

Live coverage this morning on ESPNU.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
I watched Terao take it to Delgado. Awesome match and it shows what an aggressive wrestler can do.

For a down year, PSU is holding their own pretty well, we just don't have the bonus point horse like we did the past few years.

Stieber is a downright animal. Not sure I've ever seen that much power at 141.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
The Miller match was crap. He got hosed!! I have no idea how the scorers could screw that up and his coach should take responsibility for not knowing what the heck is going on!!!! Aside from that I can't wait to watch Steiber wrestle that freshman.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had to dvr tonights session, and just started watching.

Tomasello just upset undefeated Waters, and unseeded Moisey from WVU just pinned defending National Champ Gilman.

Gonna be an awesome session if this continues!

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW...13 seed Brewer just upset undefeated #1 seed Dardaines.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stieber vs Edinboro's Port for the 141 lb championship.

This one is going to be the match of the tournament IMO.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PossumBackstrap said:

Stieber is going to have his hands full with Port. As much as I would like to see Stieber get his 4th championship, I am pulling for the PA kid!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Bearklr said:
The Miller match was crap. He got hosed!! I have no idea how the scorers could screw that up and his coach should take responsibility for not knowing what the heck is going on!!!! Aside from that I can't wait to watch Steiber wrestle that freshman.
the ncaa has disgusted me to no end...absolutely pathetic.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
hi_tech_redneck said:
PossumBackstrap said:

Stieber is going to have his hands full with Port. As much as I would like to see Stieber get his 4th championship, I am pulling for the PA kid!
i am pulling for port all the way but i was at the dual meet last month and steiber beat port with great ease. i hope that doesn't happen tomorrow night.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
wow...Port is just getting manhandled.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stieber is a beast! Not saying it had anything to do with the outcome, but after Ports knee injury, the complexion of the match changed. The match was somewhat of a let down with Port not being able to wrestle 100%, and I think Stieber backed off of the attack a bit because of the injury. At least that is how it appeared to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts