The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and his FIL plus others are forming a little club in central NC. 525 acres of mixed hardwoods, mature pine, some cropland with peanuts, cotton, and maybe soybean. 8 people max will be the "club" I have been invited to join, which I jumped at the deal, and they are allowing me to get one other person from up here ( preferably SCpa) to join so I can at least part of the time have someone to travel down with. Members have full priveledges to use the ground at anytime during the season. It will be primarily managed for QDM of "4 on a side" but will have a non trophy fee for any buck under the QDM rule. 6 tags with your NC license, but the state only permits up to 3 bucks per license. The tags, until you would kill 3 bucks , are basically either sex with no daily limit up to the amount of tags you hold. Deer season runs from the middle of Oct thru Jan 1 each year. We would be building a stand or two, but for now portable would be the norm, with the best being a ladder stand. Mostly stand hunting, watching fields or trails. Each member fee is $525. I'm heading down this coming week to do some fishing and go check out the property, and pay my dues. Once I'm paid, I could take an interested party down to see the grounds, but joining up should be fairly quick, as they won't hold a spot open too long for someone else up here, before they fill it locally. Property is located along rt 258 just north of Rocky Mount NC. Anyone interested can PM me

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since no-one locked in on this great deal, they closed the offer for me to recruit another from around here. I went ga-ga when I visited the property last saturday. Deer sign like there used to be around here 10 years ago. Beautiful stand sites with some field coverage and some woods with shooting lanes. Lots of cotton and peanuts in the fields, and the oaks there are loaded with acorns.. Gonna be a great place to belong to. There are a lot of turkeys on the property, and NC only has a spring season. A few coyotes, bobcats, and once in a LONG while maybe a stray pig(although they haven't seen any pigs for two years now) Archery starts in Sept with archery being open on sundays on private ground, and the regular season begins on or near Oct 15 and runs through Jan 1. I'll definitely be posting results in the big game hunting section as the season progresses.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
GB, sounds like a great deal! I can't even get the time to hunt the family property in Rutherford County...

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Gb, thanks so much for the additional info and PM response, i hope I can get down there for a few days with you this fall/winter. The sooner I get my PA buck the more time I got to take in some southern style hunting. All the years driving thru that area on the way to the beach i always wonder how it hunts. I am more interested in seeing how they do it and what defines "NC deer season" down there more than getting a deer, so I really appreciate your PM and I hope we can get in a little trip. Thanks again for taking the time

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
clermont, I know it's most likely un-intentional, but please do not hi-jack my thread. If you want to ask Pa dingo about his past, do it in a separate message or PM.

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here's the latest: The friend I "recruited" has fallen on hard times and cannot continue time wise ( new job) or financially. He would be willing to sell out his share. I'd like to find someone who is trustworthy and can hunt most any time. ( possibly retired?) Deer season has just begun with archery and will run up to Jan 2 including firearms. Spring turkey also. I'd like to find someone located where they can meet me and ride down to hunt with me if possible, but as a member, you'll be able to go whenever the time suits you. PM for full details. 1 person at this time and until we get our club full rooted, no guests, except for a child who is under 16

·
Registered
78 Posts
ben- is it possible to take 2 hunter- i and neighbor might be interested . i actully go to NC every 3 weeks on business and would work out well.
1 question- how are the snakes!!- everyone i talk to down there about hunting has a horror story about all the snakes??
let me know
thanks
b

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I hunt the area around Rocky mount and have never seen snakes in sept through november. Just a lot of deer.

Ben it sounds like a great deal.

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't seen a snake yet. Sorry, but for this season, only the member can hunt. By next season we intend to get better organized and institute a guest plan. We only have one opening

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just talked to my friend and he said he'd take a loss, and go $400 on his buyout.

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
we found a nice large two bedroom apartment with indoor parking he's leasing us for $1200 for the four month season. Divided up by the 7 members, each share is only $175 for four months. Can't get much cheaper than that. And it's only about 6 mi from the lease.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts