The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked how I find all the stuff on the GC website.

First you have to visit it:

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/pgc/9106

Then start exploring it.

On the homepage there are three primary places to get to other places.

First are the pictured links in the center of the home page. These links change from time to time. All these links go to another main sub page on the respective topic.

Second are the tabs under the main homepage border. All of these tabs can be hovered over producing a drop down menu. Many have sub-drop down menus. Or - you can click on the tabs opening a sub main page with multiple topic links.

Last, are the topical links on the right hand lower side of the home page. These are also season or activity topical links.

If you want press releases - hover over the resources tab and start clicking.

If you want law via title 34 or title 58 hover over the Law tab.

If you want to know about gas or timber sale activity hover over the About Us tab and then Doing Business with the GC sub drop down.

Want the minutes of meetings back to 2001? Use the Resources tab and use the sub drop down for reports and minutes. Also there are years worth of yearly reports and other reports.

As I said - explore.

·
Super Moderator
14,272 Posts
I will say that I find it to be a very user-unfriendly site and hard to find things I know exist.

I can’t get half of the reports to even open, perhaps due to my virus protection, but try as I might I can’t get into most of the reports.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
25,730 Posts
I agree. Fairly easy to find things that have direct link tabs, but searches can be exercises in frustration. Primary reason for that, is because it links to the entire PA databases, not just those relevant to PGC.

Understand that PGC had no say in that situation, but it drives me nuts at times, trying to find relevant data.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a dedicated GC search tab - it helps but the way the search happens still lets a lot to be desired.

basically the top or upper search box is for the entire PA IT system. But if you look lower on the page you will see another search box. This is for GC content.

Actually - in the search box each reads Search PA ... or Search Game.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts