The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
The sets the two cute youngins are holding look like they were sawed off. Near perfect. That is one heck of a 6 pt.... off limits here in 2A. Is that from a Whitetail ? Sika ?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fleroo said:
The sets the two cute youngins are holding look like they were sawed off. Near perfect. That is one heck of a 6 pt.... off limits here in 2A. Is that from a Whitetail ? Sika ?
Thanks...those are all sheds though...no saws here...all Maryland whitetail sheds. I would hate to have to pass on a 6 like that....;)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Nice finds.

I find it strange with all the time I spend in the woods and all the time I spend looking around in the woods I've never found a shed.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
I only ever found one, when I was groundhog hunting in the spring. Looked down while I was walking through a field and there it was. I've gone looking for them plenty of times and never found any that way.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
soup1279 said:
Nice finds.

I find it strange with all the time I spend in the woods and all the time I spend looking around in the woods I've never found a shed.
I found one by accident back around 2000 while bow hunting...but when i started really looking for them you will find them. Hit south facing slopes, beding areas and food sources. Once you get an eye for them they will come. You have to do a ton of walking as well...but its worth it...last year I found 73 sheds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts