The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody watching the NASCAR and WOO IRacing on FS1? Pretty cool. One thing I noticed... the venues are all completely sold out, not an empty seat in the I-house. :grin2:

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
watched a little of the IRacing. thought it was interesting, will watch it again if they show it again.

The race at virtual Bristol was just over a half hour ago. William Byron won. They will be Cup racing every Sunday, and the Outlaws will be dirt racing every Wednesday night, this coming race is at virtual Knoxville. Indy Car is also racing a 6 race series as well, the first of which was yesterday on virtual Barber Motorsports Park. The cool thing is this is real time racing, with actual pro drivers on simulators from their homes.

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess the pit crews are not making many mistakes. Waugh!

Actually, the software is extremely sophisticated, accounting for pre-race car setup, fuel load, tire degradation and more. The hardware can be as basic as a several hundred dollar rig, all the way up to top end units that can cost thousands of dollars. In the case of Pro IRacing, the drivers actually have crew chiefs that help with setup and strategy, and even have spotters during the race. It's very realistic and competitive.

Another really cool thing is that several drivers that have suffered catastrophic injuries that ended their racing careers, such as Robert Wickens (IndyCar) and Kevin Swindell (WoO), are now driving Sim cars and competing once more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts