The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Sandusky and the NASA controlled hunt up there. Seen lots of deer and let the TC encore pro hunter 209x50 do some work. 250 shockwave in front of 150 gr of pyrodex.

I didn't see any nice buck so toward the end of the day the one with the goofy rack came by so I took it. Would not have shot it if this wasn't a hunt with the purpose of controlling the deer population there. They said they have 65 deer per square mile in the compound.

Here is a pic below.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes took a friend. He only had one tag and was looking for a buck he never Seen. Saw a nice one at the end of the day standing across the road in another sector. Counting all the deer seen from the ride in and out of the facility and the hunting I bet I saw 50-60 deer today.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
great place my boy got drawn for autawa youth hunt in November he took a good buck and we seen 6 buck and like30 does one was a 170 class but he shot his at 710 am just waiting for his buddy to connect. how did you like the truck ride in

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was cool. Over the years I've hunted. Ottawa, McGee, lake Katherine, killdeer plains, mosquito a bunch of times, had the kids to mosquito and salt fork (in the park). Always have a good time. Ohio knows hows to run controlled hunts and they do a nice job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts