The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone shooting the quick spins. I just bought a pack of the quick fletch wraps with these vanes. I have never used short vanes how are they with broadheads? Do you notice tighter groups like the say.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've tried them out. They are both convenient and strong. The Quickfletch Speedhunter ST vanes (the ones with the little kicker off the back of the vane) spin like crazy and will stabilize your arrow pretty quickly, resulting in tighter groups-for real. However, that little "kicker" on the vane slows down my arrow a little bit, giving me about a 2 inch drop at 30 yards.

If you like the durability and convenience of the Quickfletches, try the Quickfletch with the Twister Vanes. They don't have that kicker, but spin fast as [censored]. You can order them online fron NAP.

Good luck

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Just don't shoot them with a WB rest.
They will rip up the rest and the vanes. Them vanes are designed more for a drop a way type rest.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i havent shot the quick spins but i did switch to the 2 inch veins about 2 years ago and i noticed a difference in my arrow flight. it deffinetly helped my shooting out a lot. i thought about switching to the quick spins but i figured it wouldnt be worth the money that i would burn through because i shoot really good groups as it is and im constantly refletching my arrows because i shoot the veins off of them.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shot a couple last night and they do not work well in the wb rest. They are to stiff they flew like crap so do not use if you have wb. If anyone wants to give me a few buck for the 4 i have left let me know. They are the twisters not the quick spins.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I used Quick Spins a couple of years ago. They flew well enough, but they were a bit noisy in flight and didn't hold up well shooting through the sweet spot of my 3-D target. I switched to 2" Blazers last year and am very happy with them. I'd choose them over the Quick Spins vanes any day.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
They work great for Muzzys, but man are they heavy. They really slow down your arrow flight. If your shooting 3D, go with Blazers.

·
Super Moderator
13,630 Posts
I have shot quick spins for a few years now with good success.
They are very accurate, but do begin to drop after 35 yds. Of course I am shooting a 503 grain arrow at about 215 fps. If you bow is faster you may not experience the drop off. Under 35 yds is my shooting distance, therefore they work great for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts