The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the whisker bisquit with the NAP Apache last week. Dropped the bow off at Jay Peake's on Thursday evening and he called at 10:30am Fri. to tell me it was done.

So far, so good. I really like the increase in accuracy with my groups. I was shooting pretty tight with the WB but I need to shoot at diff. bullseyes at 30 yds or closer with the Apache. I was touching 3 and 4 shot groups at 20 and 30 yds before I started getting tired.

Shot it about 20 times on Friday night to adjust my sight (needed to adjust the windage) and that was it. Shot close to a 100 shots on Sat. in the heat and didn't need to touch the sight and I was hitting 5" groups at 50 yds after I was pretty tired (occassional flier).

Ruined 2 knocks at 30 yds with Magnus 2 blade 100 gr broadheads and was producing kill shots at 40 and 50 yds with BH's. They weren't quite as tight as the FT's so I may need to fine tune the rest a little but so far, I am a happy camper with this rest. No discernable noise and it operates smoothly with no bumps, thumps or anything. Hopefully it will hold up.

Jay charged $56.99 + tax ($59.99+S/H & tax at BP and Cabelas) for the Apache and installed it for free. You can find it cheaper online but then you'll need to install it. Worth it to me to have Jay do it since I didn't have the string spreader or bow press you need to install the cord properly.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just switched to this rest myself and i couldnt be happier. Ive had all the top brands and this is by far the easiest to set up and tune out of all of them. Extremely quite as well. I actually had a problem with another rest and while waiting for the part to come in i bought one of these to try and it is definitely staying on my bow! I would suggest giving this rest a try!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i just put on one a z7 friday night, didnt really like the roller guard but other then that seems like a great rest for the money

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
attackone said:
i just put on one a z7 friday night, didnt really like the roller guard but other then that seems like a great rest for the money
"Roller Guard" ? Do you need a special attachment for the cord?

PS - Forgot to mention it in my other post, I am shooting a Martin Cheetah, 30" draw, set at 70#.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Jay Peake archery is awesome....he does all of the work to my bow..I just bought my quest hammer from him....he does awesome work...he even helped me with my form last year...I am going there on Friday for some arrow....

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
justgrad25 said:
attackone said:
"Roller Guard" ? Do you need a special attachment for the cord?

PS - Forgot to mention it in my other post, I am shooting a Martin Cheetah, 30" draw, set at 70#.
no u dont need a special attachment for the cord, the problem is the containment hits the guard so u cant get full adjustment out of it

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yep heard of the roller guard problem and they also claim a problem with string hitting them on some short brace height bows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts