The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on the wild fur catalog that they listed "squirrels". Obviously they're for real....my question is are we talking about grays, reds, or what???? I'm not even going to ask about boards etc.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Reds, a board like a weasel board. Sizes under NAFA wild fur ,pelt handling manual. I've heard they only bring a buck or two. No holes except in the head.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
used to be a market for your common feral cat too...

not sure what species they sale? or all of them? dont really know anyone that actually puts em up...i dont think they sell for much at all..a buck or 2 tops off the top of my head...atleast skunks and possums can be worth a couple bucks more and are easier to skin and work with...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reds?? Don't see many of those here. Honestly though...I wasn't planning on putting any up fella's. It just sort of made me chuckle at the thought all these little "put up" squirrels hanging off some little hooks in my shed right next to a tiny little fleshing beam....can't imagine what a nightmare it would be if they actually have to be turned.

I remember when I was a kid you could send them to spinner makers like Panther Marten.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts