The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pics are from october 2012 before I started to video alot, But are way to pretty not to share with the site. All this fish where released with as little shock as possible to them. Not sure how the rainbows got in there, Unless they swam upstream since this creek does flow into a stocked stream about 3 miles down from where I was. Either way I'd say they were there awhile.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Nice fish!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. I love fishing for trout in general, but there is nothing that compares to catching wild trout. I look at the bigger ones I caught and just say wow. How old is that trout. Imagine all the things its done. how far it may have swam.

Just to think it made it that long in its life and is still going and growing.

For the person that asked where about it is, I hate to sound like a butthead about it. but I really cant say where abouts this is. In my time fishing this stream over the last few years I have never seen a single other person fishing it. And would hate to see it get pressured to hard, Or worse yet someone kill them. I only fish it around once a month myself, Just to limit the about of shock they see.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
wow that's awesome....I have a hard time finding wild browns. I have dozens of native brookie streams, but the wild browns tend to elude me. Seems they are more common in the central and eastern part of the state and I spend most of my time in the southwestern part.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow. Nice fish. I just started fishing for natives this year. I have a stream that hold TONS of them, about 5min from my house. Small I think the biggest I ever landed was about 7 inches. I also try to hit the class a waters. Didn't do too bad on the one, not many but they were all 7+ inches. All brookies though. Really want to find some brownies or bows. I would post pics of my fish but its sooooo freaking hard with my phone.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is a few really small streams I fish for wild brookies but they are pretty small fish most of the the time. I did land a 12 incher once. but most are around the 6 inch mark

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well was time to hit this stream again on the weekend. Lots of fish were caught and released with some even nicer ones getting off, Or chasing lures and not hitting it. This was the nicest of the weekend landed. I would guess he was around 18 inches.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts