The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i know im a man but im posting about my wife, she is soo terified of guns, esp my 1911 pistol but she asked me to take her to the range to shoot bc she wanted to overcome her fear of guns if im gonna have guns in the house....it kinda sucked cuz there was alot of people there, no suprise due to the weather..but i gave her a quick saftey lesson and she shot her 1 round..said she would have shot more if we were alone...kinda makes sense esp. since everyone was watching her lol...then we took a walk in the gamelands..im sooooooo excited that she sorta is intrested in the same stuff as me..im not expecting her to go into the woods and spear a buck this fall but i would like to share this with her bc shes like my BFF and im lost if shes not around...i took her to cabelas..well..she went with me lol..she asked if i thought the non-typical deer got made fun of by the other deer bc their antlers werent uniform looking lol..i love her..nothing better then to share a passion with someone close to you..

·
Registered
12,136 Posts
Mentor her and don't get frustrated. You have a wonderful chance to help your wife become a hunting buddy. Every guy I know who has a wife that hunts with them is happy and pleased with the arrangement.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My wife hunts and fishes with me all the. (Her buck was also bigger than mine last year.) You will have the time of your life if you get her involved in this with you. Keep it going!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
very cool. My dad and I took my gf out shooting last year. It was here first time ever, I don't know what I was thinking because the first gun she shot was my 300win mag. She said the only bad thing about shooting was the noise, yes she was wearing hearing protection. Cant wait to get her out to shoot my flintlock after the maker gets finished making it

·
Registered
819 Posts
That's great. My wife will go with me fishing once in awhile but steers clear of any shooting or hunting. Get her out again when the range has less people. I bet she'll have a blast when she isn't worried about the other people at the range.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im thinking about it..hopefully next week she has a day off..i told her i can make her into a tactical machine..quick mag changes, double taps, multiple targets....told her next time we go up there and theres a crowd she can show off..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts