The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't invest in a football team; they don't invest in me.
At the end of the season, I watch the teams on TV.
And every year, only one team can win. Some teams you can wait fifty years and longer.

·
Registered
39,311 Posts
55 years and counting since the last Eagles Championship.

But.......we are still here. It's not the fans who own the team, pick the team, coach the team, play the game or win championships. We can only watch. The fans are the only constant, everything and everybody else comes and goes. The fans only have hope. And that never goes away. Until the season is over, of course.

Then we start all over the following year.

·
Registered
20,429 Posts
mus42tang said:
I don't invest in a football team; they don't invest in me.
At the end of the season, I watch the teams on TV.
And every year, only one team can win. Some teams you can wait fifty years and longer.
It's hard to argue against that kind of logic.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
dc 21 said:
55 years and counting since the last Eagles Championship.

But.......we are still here. It's not the fans who own the team, pick the team, coach the team, play the game or win championships. We can only watch. The fans are the only constant, everything and everybody else comes and goes. The fans only have hope. And that never goes away. Until the season is over, of course.

Then we start all over the following year.
I give you guys credit, actually. We have some people who scream bloody murder lamenting the team's weaknesses after a 13 point WIN. If it's any consolation, the last Eagle championship did feature the GREATEST HIT IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. Goodell pees his pants when he sees what Concrete Charlie did.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
dc 21 said:
HaHa. After a 13 point win we're talking Super Bowl.
You have no idea. We have people who still think Tomlin can't coach. After 9 years, he's won 90 games and been to 2 Super Bowls, winning one. We have people who don't think Big Ben is even acceptable as a QB, based on his play. It's unreal.

To me, the frustrating part of being an Eagle fan isn't the lack of championships. It's that they're generally JUST good enough to give you hope. At least, as a Pirate fan, when they lost for 20 straight years, they did so gloriously, and we weren't disappointed, because we had no reason to hope for anything other than comedy. With the Eagles, this is not so. They tend to be good enough to either just make or just miss the playoffs. That would drive me insane.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
I think it's great for the owner, still sells out every game, so they don't really care. Sure they like to make the playoffs, that equals more money!!! I am pretty satisfied with the birds over the years, like you say, not too many seasons that we really stunk bad enough, you didn't want to at least watch, or go to a game....

·
Registered
39,311 Posts
I'm not satisfied with the Eagles over the years but I'm probably older than you.

From 1960 to 1999 they had 14 winnings seasons. Buck Shaw was the Head coach in 1960.

Dick Vermeil was a good Head Coach and Buddy Ryan did okay but both of those guys should have won a Super Bowl.

Other than that, the coaching and the team were dreck. Mike McCormick was bad. He traded away so many draft picks that when Vermeil arrived his first pick wasn't until the 5th round. Jerry Williams, Ed Khayat, Marion Campbell, Rich Kotite, Ray Rhodes, all dreck.

The Andy Reid era was a positive but he probably should have won two Super Bowls.

I'm convinced there will be peace in the Middle East before the Eagles win a super bowl.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Same here, but it's the same with the flyers......but at least last year we swept the pens, and as of last night, we are ahead of them in the standings as well....flyers/pens is pretty much the same as the Eagles/cowboys thing to me. No matter how bad the season, long as we beat them a little, there is at least some satisfaction

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
flyers/pens is pretty much the same as the Eagles/cowboys thing to me. No matter how bad the season, long as we beat them a little, there is at least some satisfaction
And I actually root for yinz guys if the Steelers, Bucs, or Pens aren't in it.
I'm soff.

I feel a black & gold man-card revocation coming.

·
Registered
819 Posts
dc 21 said:
I'm convinced there will be peace in the Middle East before the Eagles win a super bowl.
Now there is depressing thought. I think god has a plan for the Eagles. When we finally win a Super Bowl we are going to win 10 straight Super Bowl games. A ring for each finger.

You can tell I'm a real Eagles fan by how delusional I am.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts