The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 chevy s10 4x4 just wanted some opinions before I do much more, I painted the rims black some people think they look good and some people say they don't what do you guys think next I want to paint my grill black and bedline the bed and what do you think about the kc lights I put on my bumper.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Black rims are becoming a very common "fad" as of late. A lot of manufactures are rolling trucks off the line with black rims now.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I agree, if you like the looks, that's what counts. And 5C is right on about new trucks on black rims. My Raptor came with black rims.

Just a FYI. If you thinking of doing the bed, 3m makes a great undercoat that dries like paint, and doesn't rub off like cheap "mac" stuff. I used to use it all the time on my big truck frames. Comes in a spray can.....part number 08882. Might want to try a can of that on something to see if you like it, if you do, you can probably do inside of bed for a fraction of what actual bed lining cost.
Mind you, I would not try that on a new truck I was trying to protect the box on, but going from your post I was presuming you are going for looks, and I was just suggesting a way to save a few bucks.
Either way, your truck is looking good......

·
Registered
227 Posts
How do you have the KC lights mounted, how are they wired, do they vibrate when driving and what switch are you using?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clc said:
How do you have the KC lights mounted, how are they wired, do they vibrate when driving and what switch are you using?
I took the bumper off drilled holes and bolted te lights onto the bumper , they do not vibrate. For wiring them I mounted the relay ( I extremely suggest using a delay so all the power isn't going right to the swicth) mount the relay as close as you can to the battery and ground the black wire then run the green and white wire threw the fire wall and mount the swicth on ur dash somewhere , my truck came with extra panels to mount switches

Hook the wires up to the swicth. Then I had trouble finding a power source for the yellow and white wire ( the white wire can be spliced into ur headlights so you you can have high and low beams) the instructions say to put the wires on the positive battery cable but for my truck I have a side post and the bolt was not long enought to mount them and I could not find another bolt that was attached to a hot wire that I could easily get to so I bought an side post acessorie battery terminal and this is how they got mounted and the swicth I was using is the one whatever one comes in the kit this is the 5 inch Apollo pro

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Nice! These are tuff little trucks that run forever. I have one that is getting close to 300,000 miles and doesn't use a drop of oil.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a new pic of the grille

I know a lot of people don't like body lifts but next week I'm gonna put a 2 inch body lift and then sometime before July a suspinsion lift and 33 inch tires!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BRN2RUN said:
Ever think about stuffing a small block V8 in there?
Yes I have actually I have a 350 small block that I pulled out of a firebird I just got to find when I want to squeeze that in there also gonna do a solid axle swap.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like when you are done you will have a kick butt truck. I would skip over the lift kit and go strait for axel swap the you can make it as hi as you want. Are you thinking 4 link , or leaf spring ? I know a lot of people do not like body lifts but pros cheap , keep center of gravity lower ,easy to install .and will make that engine swap a little easier . Rem spring Carlisle almost here!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Decktech said:
Sounds like when you are done you will have a kick butt truck. I would skip over the lift kit and go strait for axel swap the you can make it as hi as you want. Are you thinking 4 link , or leaf spring ? I know a lot of people do not like body lifts but pros cheap , keep center of gravity lower ,easy to install .and will make that engine swap a little easier . Rem spring Carlisle almost here!
Was think about doing leaf springs.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BRN2RUN said:
How about lockers front and rear?
That will be done also right now I'm half way done with the body lift I'm on my 3rd day so far can only work on it in the evenings since I have school. The body mount bolts are really tough to get out so much rust and dirt only got the bed to do tonight and then put everything back togther and it should be good to go!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
This is my old man's four door car with a pickup bed.

A loaded '05 Dakota Laramie, heated leather, LSD, tow package, 276W Amp, etc,etc. I saw it, drove it, liked it and a few hours later it was parked in my driveway, my retirement present to myself.
After the kidney pounding noisy step ladder trucks I've had in the past I wanted quiet and comfort!

I only added the Vent-A-Shades and the rear splash guards, it had all the other stuff.

Bill

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Strait piped the s10 last week but got some unwanted atension from the neighbors so I put a glass pack on it's got a nice rumble to it now!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts