The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 09 Z28 about 2 and a half weeks back and decided to take it to Wes at Fury X, based upon a friends recommendation. Well thursday was the day Wes called and said bring her down! When I get there Wes already has the strings done and they look great, white black spec/buckskin/ .014 halo buckskin ends. Got the bow all setup and shot it through the chrono 28"/68lbs with a 340gr. Gold Tip Ultralight 400......300 FPS and with a 396gr. Easton Flatline 340........279 FPS. I will take those numbers for a 28" DL and a bow that maxes out at 68lbs., due to shallow limb cups. All in all the bow shoots great, its dead in the hand and dead quiet, and its crazy accurate! Thanx Wes for the great tune and the great time thursday, cant wait for my next trip down! Enjoy the pics!

WARNING: Wes's strings and tuning may be hazardous to your arrows health!!!
The result of my second shot during sighting in....

·
Registered
447 Posts
I almost made a trip up to see him, but 4 hours was a little too much. I'm glad I didn't because when the strings came in they were perfect. He gave me a few tips over the phone, but I'd still love to watch him tune a bow. A few great string builders out their & Wes is one of them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
wes is the man.His tuning and string building skills are second to none,and his service and commitment are awesome.Cant deal with a better guy.

·
Banned
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea guys this bow already shot amazing, but man did Wes take it to the next level in speed and accuracy!!!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Just read over on the Elite forum Wes and crew are now building strings for 2 of the Strother Archery bows in addition to Pearson.

·
Banned
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bigbear said:
Just read over on the Elite forum Wes and crew are now building strings for 2 of the Strother Archery bows in addition to Pearson.
You are correct, he told me about it while I was there.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Rte. 104 between Middleburg (zip 17842) and Mt. Pleasant Mills. (Snyder County)

·
Registered
89 Posts
dose he build Flemish twist strings too?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts