The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just thought I would share some pics of my toy. I have had this truck since I was 14 years old(man, 13 years ago). My dad bought it for me as my first vehicle for $500. It was in no where near this shape when we got it. I ended up buying a ranger to drive when i was 16 and this was a project for the next 5 years. We ended up with a complete frame off restoration off this truck and everything is absolutley brand new. Everything we did we did ourselves other than the machine work on the engine block. It ended up as follows: 1979 GMC 3/4ton 383 stroker small block 4 spd manual 10 bolt front and 14 bolt rear with 4:56 gears Southern body. Power windows and locks, original A/C, completely redone interior. Everything was rebuilt including axles,tranny,motor, transfer case. Has 10 inch suspension lift all springs on all 4 corners,energy bushings everywhere,38 inch tires on 16x10 wheels. It gets driven around 100 miles a year to local car cruises and show and goes to the Lima,Bloomsburg,and Canfield 4x4 Jamborees every year where it has won best chevy and photographers choice awards. It is also going to appear in Petersen's 4 Wheel magazine soon on the cover. Just figured I'd post for you guys to enjoy,alot of elbow grease has gone into it and I just want to say thanks to my dad for helping me with the project. Cant wait to get it out in the spring!

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Awesome truck!! Those are my all-time favorite GMC's/Chevy's ever!! My Dad had a '78 and a '79 GMC, first truck I can remember headin to the mountains in!!

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I liked that style. Nice project to complete with your pops

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
very nice truck indeed

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Man thats a great looking truck! Its cool you were working with your dad on that project, My dad and I restored my very first racing bike a few years back. It is a 1973 XR75 Honda,we had a great time looking for parts.I'll have to post some pics sometime. Again very nice truck

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
That is an awesome truck!!! Maybe I'll run into you at the Bloomsburg Jamboree. I go up with my Jeep.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
very nice job. truck looks good, comeing from me a die hard ford man. been to bloomsburg a few times lots of trucks lots of hard work. plus big foot always there gotta love big foot. again nice truck enjoy your ride....later

1 - 14 of 14 Posts