The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His 12th birthday is November 7th is he considered a mentored youth til then or can he get a junior license after successful completion of the hunter-trapper education course???? Thank you

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
<span style="font-style: italic">(2) Junior resident hunting licenses to residents who
have reached or will reach their 12th birthday in the license
year of application for a license but who have not reached
their 17th birthday prior to the date of the application for
the license and who present a written request, bearing the
signature of a parent or guardian, for the issuance of a
license.</span><span style="font-weight: bold"> The actual hunting privileges granted to the holder
of a junior license shall not be exercised until that person
in fact is 12 years of age</span>

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Sneakypete3099 said:
His 12th birthday is November 7th is he considered a mentored youth til then or can he get a junior license after successful completion of the hunter-trapper education course???? Thank you
He can get a MY permit now AND a junior license (after passing hunter ed course) now. His Jr. license doesn't take effect until his 12th birthday....and his MY permit becomes void at that point as well. You can also get him doe tag(s) on his Jr. license, but he can't use them until he's 12. You can still transfer your doe tag to him on his MY permit until then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.