The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my son went out 11/1 to hunt so we decide he would carry his crossbow and i would carry the 22mag for turkeys.I told him you shoot the deer i will shoot the turkeys cause every time we sit in this one spot all ways see deer and turkeys so thats y we decided to carry both weapons.Around 8 I see a deer walking towards us I kept saying deer deer deer to him no movement [i was on one side of tree he was on the other side we were sitting on the ground] the deer got behind a pine tree so I turn and look at him he was sleeping so i give him 2 punches to the arm he wakes.The deer turns to come next to us he got ready when the deer stopped to look at us he left it fly around a 20 yard shot watched the deer die ran about 30 yards. I was so happy to get to watch that unfold.Did what we had to do and we sat back down at the tree. Around 9:15 i told him to stay sitting there was going for a little walk to check a gully out to see if any turkeys there. So i get there check it out start walking back my son calls me says he missed a buck while on phone with me the buck runs to about 60 yards from it old my son to hang on i threw the gun up to check the deer out in scope it was a bruiser about 18+ spread a real heavy rack with broken points i would love to see the buck he was fighting with. I get back to him he tells me story he saw the deer coming down the bank saw it had horns stood up put the crossbow up looks threw scope never turned the red dot on puts down turns on turned it to far still not on he gets its on go to pull trigger never turned the safety off he ended up shoot under it was about 30 yards from him. It was a great day with my son he was so happy

·
Registered
19,736 Posts
Awesome! Congrats to the young man!

·
Premium Member
24,184 Posts
Congrats

1 - 12 of 12 Posts