The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Well my son did it. He got a very nice buck the first day. 7 POINTER ..I am proud, very proud of him. This was my BEST first day of deer season ever. He was so excited, he cried.. Just an awesome experience for him and myself... Here is a little story from our camp in Tidioute, PA!....

Saturday we climbed the mountain to pick out a spot. He said "Dad, let me do this".... I told him "sure thing buddy, just make sure you are confident"... So we head up the mountain, and he says "This is it. This is where I want to sit the first morning"... He picked out a nice tree for the both of us to sit, we took up some waters, etc. So we did not have to carry all that in the AM first day. Here is a picture of him, at "HIS SPOT"....

He also marked our trail the way down so we can find it in the morning. We woke up early the first day, ate some breakfast, and headed out to the unknown. I know how bad he wanted to kill a buck. Its all he has thought about. I could tell. I told him to be patient, relax, and enjoy the day.
He led us all by himself to "HIS TREE"... No problem at all. We loaded the gun, got ready and sat down for the sun rise. Sun rise came and we did not see a deer. Lots of wildlife, but no deer.... 8:30 AM came around and he spotted 2 doe feeding. They were about 400 yards away, I told him to scope the heads. I could feel him shaking as we sat against each other.. He scoped them for about 10 minutes, when I look to my right... THIS IS WHEN IT HAPPENED. There he was... All I saw was a rack.. I told my son, "BIG BUCK TO THE RIGHT"...... He swayed his gun around, and the buck saw us. I told my son to find him in the scope, and he did.... The buck started to run up the mountain, then for some reason, he stopped... My son got him in the scope, and BOOOOOOOOM....Down he goes. Shot him in the neck.. I said "Josh, he is down".... My son broke down in tears, tears of happiness. We made sure he was dead, the we just started to shout.. WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO... I am so proud of him. It will be mounted and hung on the wall..... Here are some pictures!!!

This is where he fell dead..

As you can see, the kid is happy, proud, excited, etc.. As I am for him. Also, the reason I was capitalizing "MY TREE"....Is because thats what the kid calls the tree now.... LOL... PEACE TO ALL

Deer shot in Tidioute, pa
Gun he used was a 243..
Distance was 80 yards..

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Congrats young man, great buck! Best thing is you picked your own spot so it is indeed "your tree" from now on.

Great story pop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts