The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know about taxadermy. i picked up a full mount of a 706 pound bear i harvested in 2011. the mount has multiple skin rolls around the neck and under arms. i think this guy did not use the proper form and he destroyed my skull when he removed it. boone and crocket says its missing 3 + inches and scores 21 3/16 now the way it sits. very disapointed spent alot of money on my trophy animal and got poor work and no respect for this great bear.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Put this request in the taxidermy forum,you will get a lot more responce.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
probably help if you posted up some pics. if you lost 3" off the skull you would have shattered the previous state record.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
that is why you should not go cheap or not do your homework before picking a taxidermist . the good ones are honest and expensive hence the reason they get repeat customers

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
No, that's what he means. Check out the other thread. Not sure he lost three inches, but the skull is definitely butchered.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did not go cheap and this guy has done four other mounts for me. he has been in bucks county working for a long time.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
paulie 67 said:
any one know about taxadermy. i picked up a full mount of a 706 pound bear i harvested in 2011. the mount has multiple skin rolls around the neck and under arms. i think this guy did not use the proper form and he destroyed my skull when he removed it. boone and crocket says its missing 3 + inches and scores 21 3/16 now the way it sits. very disapointed spent alot of money on my trophy animal and got poor work and no respect for this great bear.
how did the taxi loose v3 inches of shull? did he cut it? if so it cant be measured anyway

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Yes, he cut it. Read the other thread about the same topic. It explains it all. He knows it can't be measured...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts