The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took my FIL, a few good friends and I about a week but we finished my new dump truck this afternoon.
We converted an International 4300 series from a 24 foot box truck to an 11 foot dump.
Specs
25,500 GVW
DT466
Air brakes
A/C
Air seat
Galion bed and sub frame.

Pictures to follow.

Hey youngest moderator on HPA this could be a great career!!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: My newest dumptruck.

Still got a few items to finish. Mud flaps and rear bed lights etc.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Re: My newest dumptruck.

Looks Good! How much ya want for it?

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PM me we build bunches of them.
What are you looking for?
We have mostly under CDL cab and chassis.
It takes us about 1.5 months to complete. This one is special because it was for me and was literally squeezed in between "paying" customers.
Wish we had it at start of season.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Nice truck. Good engine, and a GVW that will allow you to haul some weight. The other thing I like is you have it low enough to the ground that it would be easy enough to work off the back of it. Our TWP will be looking for something like that next year. Probably higher sides on the box, but a nice set up for sure.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are right John. We had to elevate the cab protector about 26 inches. We fabricated and welded the front gussets. That is why there is fresh paint. The bed is the same color just dirty. Boards were put in today.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Steve, does it have a automatic or straight 6 speed? Good buy man, the newer ones have that stupid re-burner tanks on them or whatever they call them. Dumbest thing ever. Plus you can run almost anything diesel wise in a 2002.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Automatic.
Ran three 7 ton loads of 2B today. Got 8.2 mpg. Got to love brand new injectors!!!

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I know someone who designs trucks, and can get you some sweet cutom burns made for your bulkhead. I mean who wouldn't whant some deer tracks for a screened window.

It would look better with a different logo than Galion.

Looks good. If you ever need anything custom let me know. I will see what I can do for ya.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Purchased my first non John Deere machine. Going to equip with new 24 inch HD Solesbee bucket and hydraulic thumb. Got four projects already lined up. Was hard to not buy JD but the machine is perfect sized, was priced reasonable and is mechanically sound. No DOT permits and can pull behind tandem safely. Looking forward to putting a few hours on it.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Looks like a sweet machine, and just judging from the pics, it looks like a clean unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts