The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just bought my first muzzleloader from jecturkeydad off this site last night what a great gun and hes a great person to deal with.
i dont know much about the gun and i would like to learn more about them. any suggestions on your guys bullets, primers, and powder you like to shoot. i also want to put a scope on it and was looking at the nikon omega scope any recommendations on that.
also the maintenance and cleaning process on these not sure what i need or how to do it. i know how to clean a rimfire or centerfire but not sure if its the same.
thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
For the ProHunter frame, just wipe down the outside and the inside with a good cleaning product (I use Butches on a rag or a patch) and then keep it lightly oiled. Actually I use Break-Free CLP in the squirt\pump bottle.

Don't oil the "guts" or the inside of the Pro-Hunter. Just leave it as it is. (I think if you read your manual it will tell you that.) If you don't have a manual, go to the T\C web site and they have 'em on there somewhere.

But, just common sense. Keep em clean and light oil to prevent rust. They are excellent shooting guns.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts