The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y'all have watched me self battle on BCM or DD..14.5 or SBR...

Its been a long battle...

I went with the BCM...big reason was the KMR rail..super light..durable..functional...

I went with the 14.5" enhanced lightweight fluted barrel with a pinned BCM comp mod 1 muzzle device..

Vickers padded combat sling and Aimpoint PRO..BCM ambi charging handle and full auto BCG...

I need BUIS...

I need a small functional light...something simple..low profile..

Right now I threw it in a old Bushy lower...still looking but I think I'm going with a BCM lower..start off with the gunfighter grip and stock and see how I like them (found a package deal that's really good priced) and Geissele SSA trigger.

I just ran 40rds through it...I cannot believe the difference...the recoil is 100x softer and less muzzle rise..it feels awesome...points awesome..

I'd like a Aimpoint Micro but man...I can't find one cheap..I got the PRO NIB for a deal...the Micro would be even smaller and save a few ounce..I like the PRO and it works...is the extra money worth it?

I love it...I don't think I could be happier...

Well...the SBR version might be next...lol

Oh...inside the box was more stuff than I could wish for..stickers...a hat...DVDs..reading magazines..a shipping tube with posters in it..(I know all advertising stuff..but gotta be $50 in retail stuff...I thought that was cool..)

Oh..shipping was QUICK..under a week and they put the muzzle device on and all that...

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I'm pretty sure you would never regret buying the Micro. Buy once cry once. Good gear will pretty much last a lifetime, not that the Pro isn't a good sight. Thing is you can always find a place for the Pro and it will serve you well in the meantime.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'd be killer on the turkey gun.....lol.

No hurry...I will keep my eyes open and find a screaming deal..

I still can't get over the difference in that upper and the traditional M4s I am used to shooting...the mid length gas system and the muzzle device play a big role into that..very comfortable to shoot..

Cleaned it and for running regular ole American Eagle ammo it was clean...wonder what they live with from the factory...?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
The Trigicon MRO is getting good reviews and it's a couple hundred lower than the Micro. Also, from what I read, it has a larger field of view. Something to consider.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. Will have to look I haven't heard of it before...and gotta see if its approved or if I can get it approved...I know eotech and Aimpoint is good to go And I think trijicons as well..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts