The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you might not think so but I believe this is the fisher I released three years ago. Why do I think that you ask well I know he's big he messed with my emotions last year and he is having fun with me right now lol. Same size track as last year and he ran along this log and used it do eat the bait out of my one dirt hole he was doing the same to me last year like he knows where the trap is. The next group of pics you can see where he worked to get to the skunk junk up on that down pointing branch. If the snow wasn't there you would see roots that I was using as guiding I have a dirt hole there inbetween his tracks but the lure must have not interested him or was washed out. The last pic is where I made a set for him last year I reused my cable this property is across the road where he normally runs I pulled the trap when I got a fisher this year. I noticed him poking around christmas eve at places where last year I had set traps for fisher and according to my notes I noted big tracks. Also last year I got set up to late for him but he toyed with all my sets as if knowing a trap was there. Which I am thankful for I didn't want to release him again he was fun enough the first time. Lesson I am learning for this big boy next year. Chop out some fallen logs where he is running. Use heavy guiding and have a back up trap. I say heavy guiding because he busted thru the top of a chubby last year he circled the front seen the entance and still went thru the top lol. Anyway I feel strongly he his the same one and maybe my post will help some fisher trappers that didn't connect realize they can be a pain in the butt and learn like I am from my nemesis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts