The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually spend most of my time here on the dog form but thought Id post some picks from this years line.
I moved from Jersey last year(Who wouldn't) to Montana.
Here's some picks of this years catch.

First red

Second red

First ever Badger

Mink at ole den set

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Great pictures.
That badger looks like it could do some serious damage with those claws. Thank you for sharing. Cutt

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

Ive never seen fur like up here, the foxes are huge and the fur is over 3 inches thick.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Great choice in change of scenery! Thanks for posting this one!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Would love to set traps there someday.Montana is a great place and wish I could move there.Some of the nicest people I've ever met.Nice catch

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I'll second the fact that that mink is really black. Ours are sort of brown/black. Are the badgers plentiful or few and far between?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys

Our Badgers are plentiful, they aren't even classified as a fur bearer out here. Badgers,Red fox,Coyotes and coons are classed as predators and can be taken anytime.
I only pursue them when they are prime, pest or not I wont waist a good fur by taking it out of prime.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Caught this one today, he was caught by the neck and very much alive.
Time to use bigger conibears.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went out late today because it was snowing , about 2 pm it stopped and the sun started to shine. I didnt think Id have any hits I just wanted to dust the snow off and freshen up the urine.
I checked a snare I have in a dry creek that passes under a fence, it was knocked out of the way.
The next set was a dirt hole, in the snow I could make out where the fox came up behind the backstop reached in and pulled out the jack rabbit fur that was bait.Then it did a little dance on the site and peed all over it.
The next stop was a snare, this educated Bi#[email protected]% walked around the snare and from the side pulled it off its supports.
The tracks headed up the draw to where I caught the badger and where I had a dirt hole set.

Had her by the back foot, she must have got a little careless when she was dancing over this set peeing all over it.

This one has been a pain in my rear, very trap and snare educated. It feels oh so good to have her hanging.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Nice pics!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts