The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, I lost my Brit, Tripper to lymes disease a few months ago. My parents just completed their annual migration North from Florida and my mother had a surprise for us. She, like everyone who ever met him, was very fond of Trip and thought of him as family. She took up painting last year (she was always a very talented sketch artist, a trait my sister also possesses. Me, not so much) so she painted this picture of him. She had several photos to choose from and picked this one because she said although he was a member of the family, he was born to hunt birds. I think she recognized that special bond I had with him. I can't look at this without welling up. Just thought I'd share it with you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
It’s beautiful buckethead. It’s funny you shared this today. Just last night I was in the attic looking for my turkey calls when I found a photo album. It was full of pictures of my first dog. She was born an hour before I was, and died on our 16th birthday. All these years later and I still teared up going through those pictures. They really are mans best friend.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Very nice ! Very talented and a memory of a lifetime !!
A buddy of mine and his wife had a canvas print of my very special boy done for me and dropped it off when he visited us with the red lab puppy he bought from me ! It was a very memorable moment !!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I can't look at it without welling up! There is truly something about a good bird dog. You have a wonderful and talented mother!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sorry for your loss. My Brittany “Sam” was the absolute best dog I was blessed to own. I hope you have another Brittany some day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts