The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wanted an Ar-15 and a couple of months ago I bought a stock Smith and Wesson M&P15OR. Well, last week I took the plunge and bought a couple of after market parts for the new toy. The parts I bought were YankeeHill BUIS, a YankeeHill Quad rail 2 piece, (I was going to get a free float rail but opted against it), UTG 150 Lumen Tactical Flashlight and Laser, and a tactical fore grip for the pressure pads for the lights. Enjoy the pics.......

I still have to fasten the wires down, I seem to have misplaced my mini-zip ties somewhere. I plan on getting sights for the M&P but for now I'm not sure what I want, also I got to start saving up.......

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ACEarcher said:
Very nice! Good work!

What made you side with the 2 piece quad rail instead of the free float?
Well, one thing that led me away from a free float is I would have to take the gun to the smith to have the free float installed and I really didnt know any good gunsmiths. Another thing is that the quad is less expensive and I dont shoot the gun that ofter to purchase a free float.......

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
A free float is cake to put on. No need for a smith. With a barrel nut wrench you can have it done in a 1/2 hr. Nice rifle BTW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts