The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filter family names out on this forum. In the official letters that were mailed , faxed and emailed it was unfiltered.

Mr. XXXXXX

I want to take a moment of your time. My name is Michael XXXXXXXX. I am a parent of two elementary school children (XXXXXX 6 and XXXXXX 9). My wife (XXXXXX) is an occupational therapist for several school districts and spends her days working in several schools. We are avid hunters and competition shooters and I have been shooting in tournaments since the age of 5. My family practices and lives by gun safety. We train on each firearm we own and the children are taught the dangers as well as the benefits of gun ownership and use. So you can see that my family is greatly involved in our schools as well as the shooting sports. So when we heard about the CT incident we were definitely upset about it. Though I feel the reaction of the politicians have not been one of how to protect our students but more of a response on how they can push their anti-gun agendas. All I hear in the news is about bans on this or that. I don’t hear how we plan to protect teachers and students. How we are going to enable them to secure and protect the children and themselves.

On a recent trip to the Chuckie Cheese in Harrisburg I noticed they have a on duty police officer stationed inside the facility. I find it odd that a franchise can afford to have its facility staffed while open by a police officer but a school that we pay tons of taxes to each year cannot afford to have the same.

Unfortunately CT has not been the only large loss of life over the last year. There has been numerous senseless killings though each one is sad and alarming non have been committed by law abiding citizens. They have all been committed by criminals or those that are not mentally fit to own or use a gun. Because of these individuals the president feels it his right to punish his employers (the people) and remove and or infringe upon our second amendment right.

Violence is part of human nature and no matter what controls are in place a criminal will disregard them and if need be find another way around it. Why pass more laws that will just increase the number of people in prison when those people will be the law abiding ones that are now made to be criminals with the increase of gun control laws, especially when the current laws are not fully enforced, aren’t our prisons already over crowed? There are hundreds of current gun control laws on the books, but a mere fraction of them are ever enforced. Let’s look at the events of 911. We ban sharp items on planes, then the terrorist use bombs, we search for bombs then they use liquid devices. Each time we pass more laws for the law abiding citizen to follow, though those that want to cause the crime continue to find ways around them or just disregard the law all together. For another example schools are gun free zones. Though I don’t like disarming myself when I need to bring my kids to school or pick them up I leave my carry firearm at home so I am not breaking the law. Though those who go to the schools and shoot them up do not follow that law, they actually do it because they know there is no one there that can stop them.

I am not for gun control but I am in agreement that some measures need to be taken:
•I ask that the state of PA require a formal background check for all gun sales even face to face sales.
•I ask that current laws be enforced.

Other than that I believe any other controls will infringe of the second amendment rights of the people that you serve in your elected office. I ask that you fight to stop Obama and his staff from defiling the constitution and jeopardizing the safety and security of the citizens of PA.

Sincerely,
Michael

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
I'm sorry but I would disagree with you on backround checks for private gun sales, there are those of us who would like to have guns that the gov't has no record of, not because we are criminals, just don't trust the gov't.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sorry but I would disagree with you on backround checks for private gun sales, there are those of us who would like to have guns that the gov't has no record of, not because we are criminals, just don't trust the gov't.

X2!!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
buckhunter50 said:

X2!!
Are you also talking no transfer of ownership too?...just give the guy the gun for cash!...then who knows what that guy is capable of and what has he done in the past...just saying

·
Registered
90 Posts
what laws we have in place is fine..control the crazies.. buckinnuts and genxweb...what/how many guns do you own?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am at 6. Will be getting a 7th shortly thanks to the NY laws my Dad will be sending me one of his rifles that has a non detachable mag greater then 7 rounds.

·
Registered
90 Posts
you walked into that one!!you werent supposed to answer....why would you put it out there how many firearms you own??no wonder your ok with them knowing about all your firearms.... let me see if i can get you to answer how much money you keep in the house? that is a prime example of irresponsible gun ownership...it is NOBODY'S BUSINESS...."just saying"

·
Registered
141 Posts
everyone should send letters to our reps. Send one to the commander and chief while your at it.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I have sent out 6 so far...got response back from 2 of them and i will address the issue when the constituants present it to me and that was from toomey

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Mtn.Laurel Man said:
everyone should send letters to our reps. Send one to the commander and chief while your at it.
Correction: He is not the commander in chief, as it was once defined. He is The Great Divider. The Regime.

Don't let a crisis go to waste...as it's said. His mind is already made up. He hates this country, and he's out to destroy it.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
He is still the commander and has troops in harms way, and we need to remind him of this. The war is almost a afterthought these days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts