The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no kit, all parts were bought as needed....42" .54 cal rice swamped barrel profile D, davis double set triggers, cambers large siler lock, Pecatonica river grade 5 curly maple stock and all small stuff from track of the wolf....this has been in the works for 12 years now, brain surgery has a thing bout getting stuff done LOL ....

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all that needs done is staining the stock and rust bluing the metal parts....

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
Looking good Bob!

Can't wait to see it done!!

How are you finishing the wood??

I know you said you are rust bluing the metal...are you using any kind of agent to speed the process??

Didn't know it at the time..I used Mark Lee Express Blue on mine...I guess at the end of the day it is a rust blue...

Heat the parts and wipe them with the chemical...they rust instantly...boil them and they start to blue...very durable and looks great...

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
min-wax red oak will be the color, looks great on the sample piece....my metal will be boiled in bleach and then 30wt motor oil applied to get that case colored look I'm after....

·
Banned
540 Posts
bob1961 said:
min-wax red oak will be the color, looks great on the sample piece....my metal will be boiled in bleach and then 30wt motor oil applied to get that case colored look I'm after....
Please post pics when done. This sounds interesting. A process I haven't read about before.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Looks like the forearm is kinda u shaped, and extra wood,done that myself on the first one, kinda knock the corners off and make it more acorn, more tapered take a look at some builders websites or grab a copy of Shumway rca books and you will see what I mean. I'm no expert but when I was shown what I should do it took a second gun yet to kinda figure it out.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I basically just followed the hex on the barrel and left bout 3/16" of wood....plus this will be a hunter I'm going to use

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nice pics, looks like mine. I gotta finish the white thing to make her pretty, same as you. Love the passion. Kuddo's friend!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.