The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this deer with a 40-45 yd shot from my Ruger GP-100, open sights. The Sierra 140 JHP did the trick. I was hoping to pick out a bigger one, but another group of deer spooked the ones I was watching, so I just took the 1st one to give me a clear shot.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Congrats - hand my Ruger out too but had no deer to shoot
but it's still on my list of things to do

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Nice job. I was out with my Roger GP100 but no shots.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Congrats, I got a big doe with my .44 mag on thursday and I forgot to get pictures. It was also my first with a pistol.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Congrats! It's definitely on my to-do list...

·
Registered
238 Posts
I too got one with the GP 100 on the first Sat. It was only my second taken with the pistol. It too was a button buck, but it was one a 17 year old girl that was with us had shot at and hit, so she was happy it was recovered. She got the education of following the blood trail and I let her keep the deer, even offered to help her drag it out, but she did it own her own. Dropped it in its tracks at about 18 yards with the 140 grain, Hornady FTX. Good job on yours.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I shot a big doe some years ago with my Blackhawk with 125 gr Rem hp's. She went about 50 yards with a behind the shoulder hit and like all deer precious but she was even more special since I used the handgun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts