The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep,who have thought when he was born and was given the first name of "HUNTER",he would be truly a hunter?
Since the time i wrote about his mom taking him hunting,just so he could go out {he had no car of his own},he has his drivers license and a Jeep.He saved money and bought a 17WMR Savage,mom and dad got him an 835 for Christmas and i gave him a 30-06,when he started to deer hunt.He also goes for inline in the early season,with one of my old Wolf-50 cals.
Once we got his 17 sighted in he went ground hog hunting. The fields were getting a little high but he walked them and sneaked around them. In 2 days he got 6 ground hogs and loves his 17!
He has taken deer,does. 2 in the regular second week and last year a doe running,with my old Wolf inline!!!!!
This kid is now over 6 foot 2 inches and weighs in at 267 pounds.
He as dedicated wrestling as he is to the outdoors. He trains all year long to stay in shape. He has hopes for a scholarship from some where to college.as iv'e said before ,he in on the National Honor Society,also.
And yes,he loves to fish. We live about 1/2 mile from a big river and he even takes his girlfriend fishing and she loves it to!
I started to kid him,"Hunter,if they ever pass a game law that you can't shoot anything smaller than yourself,what will you do ?"
His father hunts,but his 1 uncles is just like him and he takes him under his wing and has taught the boy how to really be a hunter.I have set on hill sides,we hunt steep hills {some folks call them mountains?},and have watched him come thru the forest. He takes his time and is on the look out for his game and is in no hurry.He has learned to,as iv'e taught him,"TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT!" The deer he has taken he has picked out in the woods,in the brush and woods,with no snow. His closest shot has been like 80 yards,even with the inline!!!!!We know this because we have watched him take the game and we never seen them but he did?
He is my Grandson,but he is one of those people,that has a personality that everyone likes.
A kid or young man to be proud of.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to get him out shooting,A. because he can always use the practice and B,i hate going alone?
He also has picked up a job at a Physical Therapist place. They use him to move patients around and so on.
Now wrestling training is going into full swing plus his working out at the Y.
So he is one busy young man! We can't seem to get together.
He is hoping to pick up a scholarship this year,his last year in high school.
He has decided to go for Physical Therapist.
He has been blessed with size and brains and a very good personality.
Bless him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.