The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I only had a few hours to hunt so I really went out to do more of a scouting mission to see what was moving where. At about 8:15 a.m. I looked off to my left and see this guy walking steadily towards me. The path he took I had no shot until he was only 15 FEET away! All of a sudden he stopped and went on full alert.He was quartered to me. Not my most desired shot but with the short distance and confidence in SZ380 and Ramcat broadheads I figured it's now or never. I aimed for my exit and took the shot. He kicked up like a bronco, spun around and barely hobbled 75 yrds before toppling over. As he went off I noticed my arrow sticking out some and knew I must of hit bone to not get a complete pass thru. After skinning him out I found that I hit the ball joint where the leg bone meets the shoulder blade. The Ramcat busted thru the ball and hit the center of the shoulder blade connection, then taking out a lung and the top of the heart. With a good friends help I was still 2 hours late for work. Oh well, lol. It was a great morning and proof God has been good to me in the Pa woods once again!

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
nice buck. Dangerous hunting by RR tracks. I picked more dead people off them than deer.

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
great buck! i love the photo on the train tracks!

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
misfire1 said:
nice buck. Dangerous hunting by RR tracks. I picked more dead people off them than deer.
i conducted for a while and i can agree but there are some big deer that call the areas nearby home!

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
Great buck. Body looks huge! Thanks for posting and sharing your hunt.

·
Premium Member
24,167 Posts
Nice buck, congrats

1 - 20 of 26 Posts