The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show off a few pictures over the past year that we have had "Hunter", the newest addition to the family.
We picked him up last year at Warriors Mark kennels last winter. He has been a great pet and feild compainion.

Here he is on our 3 hour ride home. He had the worst gas imaginable in the car and ended up gettin sick in the last 20 min of the ride.

Back when my son was bigger then the dog. It only took him a week of trying to jump up on the couch before he got up there.

For the first couple weeks i took him to work with me until we had him house broken.

Like every other day hangin out on the couch.

One of the early season grouse hunts this year. Time for a breather.

Another ending to a good day. He been great in the feild with me and friends. Where able to get out a good number of times with great success every day. I was able to get my limit of birds a number of times and getting friends thier first bird. While he is still young and much to learn, he has allows never seem to amaze me. Where he stuggles in yard training he seems to click when in the feild.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Great pics and story. The first part and first pic brought back some memories. I also got my pup from Warriors Mark. The Diamond Stink followed us home while he sat on my lap the whole way. Puked on my lap twice in the 2.5-3hr drive home.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Looks like it was a good first year for you and your pup. It will only get better for the both of you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
sorry to hi jack... thanks.

bigogre - yes I did have her spayed. I figured I'd leave the breeding to those who know best. If (when?!) I get a 2nd, I will get one from the same breeder (Almost Heaven GSPs - Springfield WV) or a litter sired by one of his studs. A buddy is also considering getting into breeding with some of his really good dogs, so that would be another option. Both would be better than me trying to breed my dog. I love her to death, but I don't regret the spay.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey no prob my pup ruger he's about 13 months old now, I could see Jim and her making some very nice pups! Was just a thought. Like to find someone to breed and keep a pup for the "stud" fee haha

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Nice pics.That is what dog hunting is all about and I bet that child of yours is gonna end up a dog man too. Congrats, nice looking dog.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts