The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like the people that called into the Penguins talk radio show with Stan and guy and announced "Long time listener...first time caller". I have read the posts for some time and recently joined to add my two cents when relevant. Anyway...just wanted to let everybody know my experience with Onpoint outfitters dog training. I dropped off my almost 6 month old GSP with Eric about 7 weeks ago. Although she is not my first pointer or puppy she is my first puppy in almost 13 years and she is the first puppy I have had with a toddler in the house. I had forgotten how much time she would require and how much energy she would have. That being said I could not find the time in the evenings to spend with her and at that time of the year it was dark when I got home from work. I labored over somebody else getting to bond with my pup and being the first to work with her on birds, but decided if I didn't get her birds and get her some discipline I would have a dog that would be too hyper for my toddler, useless in the field, and relegated to the kennel. I decided to take her to onpoint for some training and most importantly to get her on some birds. I was impressed with the whole operation at Onpoint. Both Eric and Vince have been great. Vince has supplied me with pictures and updates as training progressed and when I stopped one Saturday to let my son visit his puppy, Vince took the time to set some birds to let me see how far she had come. I cannot say enough about both Vince and Eric. They have done a wonderful job with my pup and have been great guys to talk with. I look forward to taking her back as often as I can to keep her on birds. I would recommend Onpoint to anybody considering looking for a trainer. My pup came back to me healthy, happy, and in far better condition than when I dropped her off. Is she finished? NO, but she is only 7 months old at she is on track to being a fabulous dog. I know that she will require more work and training, but with longer days and a good foundation to work from I look forward to my bonding time with her. Thanks again to the guys from Onpoint Outfitters. See Ya soon!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I too have had my first run in with Onpoint. Great people out there.

PA is blessed with great trainers and great breeders.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep they are great I'm dropping off both my gsp at the end of may vince has worked with my older one. This will be my puppy first time up there and I'm shore they will take care of them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts