The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally caught my first fox this morning!! I couldn't believe it, A Red male in a victor 1.5 I was there yesterday and brushed the snow off of my traps. I set on sight of where i seen fox and coyote tracks running this trail. This trail is very rugged through tight spots and laurels.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I feel your excitement! Was only 4 years ago I started and it only intrigues me more! It excites my 4 year old the same! Congrats!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Great job congrats!!! Awesome feeling aint it!!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Great job. I am making the rounds checking my traps right now.

You might be on to something with the laurels. On Friday I was out archery hunting for deer and I had a red fox pass by under laurels and hemlocks. I saw the track on the way in but I assumed it was a gray in that cover. I was surprised to see the red.

I haven't done a whole lot of fox trapping but the times I have I always set my traps toward the edges of open fields. I may have to rethink that approach. I lost my 2 bottles of fox lure along my line somehow or I'd put another trap out near those laurels.

Good job and thanks for sharing the story.

·
Premium Member
24,189 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trapperspaz said:
congrats on your first fox the rest come easy really nice color
Thanks guys, i was amazed when i seen him there, He is so soft.. I tried to extract his urine but he must have emptied before i got there.. Trapperspaz, i sure hope your right about that!!! I had alot of fox and coy tracks in that spot, so i reset and hoping more will be coming by.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts