The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Re: My First Plot

If it rains, it will grow.

Can you show me on google maps where that spot is?

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yeah, Thanks Archeryman for providing your disc and cultipacker for sure.
I wasn't happy with the amount of seed so I went and bought 3 more pounds and added it the next day. Now I'm happy with it, just need rain. As for the rain, should be tonight but if it doesn't there is a pond about 100 yards away. I might go up with my 5 gallon sprayers and just make about 10 trips back and forth from the pond.

Angus - If you go on google earth and put a huge star over Potter County, at least 1 part of the star will be over the food plot.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

pottercountyman said:
Yeah, Thanks Archeryman for providing your disc and cultipacker for sure.
I wasn't happy with the amount of seed so I went and bought 3 more pounds and added it the next day. Now I'm happy with it, just need rain. As for the rain, should be tonight but if it doesn't there is a pond about 100 yards away. I might go up with my 5 gallon sprayers and just make about 10 trips back and forth from the pond.

Angus - If you go on google earth and put a huge star over Potter County, at least 1 part of the star will be over the food plot.
HAHA, good answer.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'm working from home today. I'll go up to the plot on my lunch break and pull the camera card. Should have some photo's. Maybe with the last 2 days of rain it decided to sprout. We'll see.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts

According to the weather this seems to be a great week to get seed in...I get my Fall seed tonight. Hope to have all in the ground by Saturday night...lots of work between then and now though.

GOOD LUCK pcm!!

·
Registered
245 Posts

Good luck with your food plot Rooster. Hope you work the seeds lightly into the soil and get some nice gentle rain on your new planting.

·
Registered
245 Posts

Sorry Pottercountyman, I wanted to wish you success with your planting as well.

What all types of seed are included in Antler King?

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Had the camera out since Monday evening on the plot. Got 26 pictures of the same 2 deer at all times of the day. No big boys yet but when it grows I think they will show up. The last pic is a close up of the seeds. For only 3 days they sure are growing, little green leafs all over the place and a bunch of white roots I guess heading to the ground. Not bad for 3 days.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Red Oak - Its 4 perennial varieties of clover, a variety of chicory, and a variety of rape seed. Seemed like the easiest to grow after researching a few different seed blends. We shall see. Worst case is it doesn't grow. Had a bunch of fun trying it and it only cost me like 40 bucks.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts

not bad for 7 days, if the weather stays good it should be real prime for hunting season

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Welfare scum have found my food plot. Camera can no longer be on it. Sad thing is they will probably start hunting on it today, seasons don't mean anything to them.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I moved my camera about 50 yards off the plot on Friday to avoid the weekend atv riders finding it. Got lucky because I still had not moved it back on Tuesday and they were up there on Monday. Plots growing well though, I'll add 11 day growth pics in a few minutes.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

This plot was disced on the 18th, planted on the 19th so I guess this would be a few 10 day growth pics.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

VERY COOL PICS
your little helper looks like he is thinking yeppers daddy'o this looks like it oughta work good lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts