The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I started hunting 3 1/2 years ago (I am 28 now) because I wanted to know first-hand the relationship between consuming meat and taking an animal's life. That's not the only reason why I hunt but it's what got me started. I was born and raised in Los Angeles but moved to Centre County when I was 17. That winter I experienced my first snow. After college, before moving away for work, I spent a lot of time in the woods teaching myself to stalk and hunt. After 3 1/2 years of tough trial and error, I shot my first doe during muzzleloader and my first buck on opening day. I butchered the deer myself, packed most of it in a cooler with dry ice (the rest is with my mom) and took it home, skull included, to NYC on the Amtrak. Surprisingly, nobody sat next to me. It has been a good year.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
jackaxelk said:
I butchered the deer myself, packed most of it in a cooler with dry ice (the rest is with my mom) and took it home, skull included, to NYC on the Amtrak. Surprisingly, nobody sat next to me. It has been a good year.
So that's how you get a good seat on the train, wonder if it would work on a plane.

Congratulations

1 - 11 of 11 Posts