The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday, the 29th, my dirt digging days are over. We’re permanently relocating to the Longneck, DE area. We won’t be giving up on MDing, but instead of digging dirt, we’ll be sifting sand on the beaches of Rehoboth.

Except for the old Spanish coins that occasionally wash up from shipwrecks, there won’t be any old US coins or relics – just modern clad and jewelry. So, I guess I’ll just have to settle for all of the gold rings that slip off those fingers lathered with sun lotion.

Anyway, while I may be leaving PA, but I won’t be leaving the HPA forums.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Good luck at your new residence! There are some older coins on those beaches, just think outside of the box

Time to get a waterproof detector and headphones and get out there in the surf!

Keep us posted, I'll have to look you up next time I"m headed that direction, maybe we can do a beach hunt.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4c_game_chaser said:
Good luck at your new residence! There are some older coins on those beaches, just think outside of the box

Time to get a waterproof detector and headphones and get out there in the surf!

Keep us posted, I'll have to look you up next time I"m headed that direction, maybe we can do a beach hunt.
Last summer, we hit the beach almost every Friday evening – after 5 PM of course – when it is free parking.
I have an AT Pro, which is waterproof, and have done some MDing in the surf. But I need to get a long handled scoop instead of my handheld sifter. My lady has to stick to the dry sand with her Ace350. The 350 doesn’t like wet sand.

And sure, shoot me a PM if you ever get down that way……..or anyone else, for that matter. Maybe we can get a whole herd of HPA’ers down there to do some beach MDing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts