The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, my daughter connected on her 4th buck in 4 years. It's the smallest one that she has ever taken, but I'm probably the most proud of this one. THe last two years she has taken two bucks with a crossbow. This year however, our time was limited due to a divorce. We only hunted two or three times in archery and she missed her first deer ever on one of those outings (A really nice buck). After the miss she was furious. Again on Monday she passed at a neck shot on a small buck. She has only ever shot one doe and today passed on 5 of them because she wanted a buck only. Minutes later we spied this guy about 150 yds away. I grunted him to about 75 yds and she drilled him perfectly with a Model 7 .243 I bought her over the summer. Although I saw it fall, I allowed her to track it and drag it back while I watched from the tree stand (still holding the gun). She climbed back up in the tree stand and we shared the rest of the morning enjoying the other deer that came by. There isnt much I havent accomplished as a hunter, but watching my daughter mature as a young woman and a huntress is probably more satisfying than any deer or bear I've ever taken with bow or gun. She has already told me next year she isnt hunting with the crossbow anymore. She wants to use a "real" bow. Oh, I almost forgot...she just turned 11 a week ago.

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
Congrats to your daughter and you!! It is wonderful that she enjoys the outdoors with you...memories that will cherished forever. Take lots of pics,cause they grow up way to quick!

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Congratulations to both of you. To her on the buck, and to you, for the sounds of things, a job being well done.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Congrats on the buck, but more importantly the experiences that you have shared with your daughter. Sorry to hear of the divorce, but I think you are doing your part as a parent and staying involved and keeping your daughter in your life. Congrats again!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
That is fantastic !!! Congrats to both of you.
Making memories that last forever !!!
God Bless both of you!

Makes me want to be right there with you in the woods to share the moment.....and you are spot on about the satisfaction.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts