The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8,724 Posts
I love that place there. Ever go to the Weiser State Forrest off Rt 61 at Port Clinton and hike there? You can stroll on over to HM and to the AT - Dan's Pulpit - and The Lookout all at one time and just by following a map and the trails there. You know what? I just may head out there tomorrow. edit - 'YA, I just put it on my "must do" list for this Sunday!

· Registered
8,724 Posts
Well Berks, we all need a plan, even if it ain't exactly our own! I just cleand out my rain gutters, winterized my car and truck and my daughter's car too. Now for a bit of painting and Sunday is free and clear. My daughter is going to join me tomorrow. She won't go in the summer because of the snakes (none of which I have ever seen).

· Registered
8,724 Posts
That's whre I park, at the fire tower, and go down that old road to the junction where it splits and you can go to Dreshville and HM and down to the AT. I started going there this past Spring looking for new hunting grounds but I have not seen a single deer there. Also - I haven't a clue how I would drag it up that last hill to the fire tower lot! Even as a young man, that would be a challenge. I plan on doing some camping there this coming summer. You can easily find places for that just of the trail / road before you get to the cross trail area.

· Registered
8,724 Posts
They used to have a program where you could ask permission to hunt there. Apparently they had an over abbundance of deer. My previous hunting buddy, who now has parkinsons, and I applied once and did not get a reply so we let it go. I don't know if they still have it or not.

· Registered
8,724 Posts
I thought thoes were areas that were being tested for grond cover options and such. Right now one of them (I think it's the first one on the left going down the hill) is an overgrown turnip field. I can't figure out why they would plant turnips and then just let them go. Some sort of experiment I suppose. The logged area goin to HM is a great place to sit and take ina nice view. I'll be headed there about 1100 today and I am looking forward to it greatly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.