The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The package my grandfather and I had booked for Africa had several options such as choose "2 of the 3 following" and such. Being that we had booked the same package we wanted to try and get all the animals on the list. This meant that there were some animals that only one of us would shoot and also some that both of us would shoot. We were both fortunate to take great Blesbuck Rams on our second full day in Africa. My grandfather got his first. It was his farthest shot in Africa, about 210 yards. After a small game drive I connected on my Blesbuck at 287 yards, which was the farthest shot I had ever made on a game animal. All the shooting practice had paid off for both of us. After our successful hunt during the photo session our PH told me that this would be a memory that I would not forget, and he was correct. The animals would both qualify for sci gold with near identical length. Here are the pics of my grandfather and I with our trophies, my blesbuck shoulder mount and my granfathers blesbuck skull.

·
Registered
293 Posts
it looks so beautiful there. that is first on my list of places to go if we are ever fortunate enough. i am glad you have such great memories, not enough peop[le take the time to spend with their family. it is nice that you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts