The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I booked a hunt to Africa, I had listed several species of game not included in my package that are undoubtedly African animals but still with in my budget that I wanted to take. Many of the species of antelope are not easily recognizable to the average hunter, let alone the non-hunter. I didn’t want people to look at my mounts and say “oh where did you get that”. I wanted the people to walk in my trophy room and know that I hunted in Africa. Given that, a zebra rug was very high on my list of desired trophies. In my last post I had indicated that we lucked upon the Mountain Reed Buck on our way to hunt Zebra, well that same day I was fortunate enough to get my trophy. I must say that this was probably the most challenging of my animals to take, however I could not have been happier with the results and love the mount. I was unsure of whether to get the rug made with a head form or not. I opted for no form primarily because of the size restrictions of my trophy room, the head would have been in the way. I am glad I decided the way I did as even after having taken the animal I simply did not realize how large zebra are and how big the rug would be.

·
Registered
8,621 Posts
Looks like you made a good choice!!

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
LOVE that rug! I gotta have one!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I never thought I would want to take a zebra on an African safari until one day I saw my taxidermist doing one in his shop. They are beautiful animals. Yours came out awesome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts