The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy finished up his 1997 Chevy 2500 into a pretty good puller. We slid in a Salvage yard 305, Eldabrock intake with a 4 pumper Eldabrock carburator. Took out the auto tranny and slid a 4 speed with granny low behind that 305. Took out main wiring harness and hook up toggle switches for the electric fuel pump & ignition, and push button start. Took gas tank out from underneath and put in fuel cell in the bed. '' Team Pale Horse was finally Done!! '' He pulled at Lycoming County Fair in Hughesville on a maiden voyage, 255.7 ft. And the driveshaft blew apart. Washingtonville Fair he yanked 262.6 ft. And blew the rear punkin.... What a snotty torque filled 305 !!! I sure am proud of him for at least trying, and having fun.. If someone could post a video for me on here, I have the Hughesville pull. I could send the video to someone who could help me out. Thanks for reading, sorry so long. Stuffer

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Re: My boys pulling truck

Cool story, and thanks for sharing it !

I used to pull mini modified, and the one thing I learned, is the same thing your son is learning............there is always a weak point, it takes a few pulls to work them out. Tell him not to get discouraged with the breakage right out of the gate, he will get it figured out.
It does sound like he has it hooked to the track if he is finding the weak spots in the driveline, and that is a good thing.

Best of luck to him.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for posting the video. My boy told me it's actually a 1994, with 94 to 97 parts. Shoulda called it the Johney Cash Puller I guess. He tries to Get- R- Dun though.. Thanks again

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

Way to go! Sure doesn't sound like a puny 305.
Does he use the truck on the street?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This winter we will put the wiring harness back in for all the electrical. His buddy that was helping him just started cutting his wiring harness for some dumb reason. Now we need to go find another. He said its a pulling truck and just started hacking wires... Me and my boy were not very happy campers.. The truck will b back on the street next summer.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well...... He got another rear under it and we will be heading to Antes Fort ,Pa. next Friday the 18 th.. to stretch the sled again. If anyone is interested in coming to see him pull. Antes Fort is just southeast of JerseyShore on rt. 44 .. Thanks for reading

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: My boys pulling truck " newly updated"

Well he pulled at Antes Fort and came home with two first place ribbons for his weight class. first hook was top notch. His second hook was going good till that snotty 305 blew another drive shaft. the track was very sticky and hard to pull on. me and mom are proud for sure, thanks for reading..

·
Registered
804 Posts
Re: My boys pulling truck " newly updated"

If I were you I'd upgade to a 1410 yoke and u joint. Can't get much stronger than that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts