The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy and I left camp in Forest Co. at 6:30 am to our secret stream. There are usually about 60 people there when we arrive. This time only about 15. We found our spot between a lot of shore brush and waited for the opening bell. 10 minutes before game time 3 guys (I'd say between 50 and 60 yrs old) rush down the stream bank and bust through the brush to get a spot creek side right above us about 5 yards that will only fit one on a good day. Buddy and I fly fish and these guys were rigged for blues or grouper. Buddy's cell phone alarm goes off signaling 8 am and it's game day. Now we both catch a limit of very nice brook trout in maybe 25 minutes and throw everything back. The 3 stooges are elbowing each other to get a line in the water without tangling each other up. Zero fish. At 8:30 I see a guy walking down our side of the stream with two young girls about 7 or 9 with their zebco's and pink knee boots. I can tell this guy is probably their grandfather. As he gets close I whistle and motion to him to come over. I tell my buddy we are going to evacuate and give this guy our spots. He's couldn't agree more. The kids get in position and the 3 slugs are perplexed why we offered our spot up. We sat on the bank behind and watched the kids catch about 7 fish while the stooges pulled in one. The stooges got bored and left. We went on and had a great day, caught many more fish never kept one.
Best weekend in a long time.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
The 4 guys and myself gave up our spot at a stream in Crawford Co. to a Father and mother with 3 kids and there Grandpap. We moved down stream a little,fished and watch the kids limit out and Grandpap caught a 20 in Palo. out of that hole They had a great time, thanks us as they left at 9:30.It was one of the more satisfying opening days I`ve had in quite a few years.....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Your story reminds me of the slugs that come thrashing through the woods on opening day right at the crack of light. If your without a physical limitation this is unnacceptable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts