The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I had this gun for about a year or so and it shot A.O.K. but never gave me outstanding group but decent.
I was thinking in selling it and maybe go with the t/c venture or the marlin XS7 to replace it.I would say it is a finny Keen barrel always with a clean bore it will throw flyer's about 6" over center.
I tried a few weeks back not to clean the bore after a range session:I would worked out great the flyer's are ending but the group were around 2" at the 100yd target.I was talking with a shooting Buddie that lent me his neck sizer die only and it did correct the problem.I was out yesterday and 5 shots croup just under 1/2".
I did save a few bucks no need for another rifle this one is a keeper.I must of went threw 100.00 bucks in powder and bullet I am lucky I do reload .

·
Registered
46 Posts
NICE,I've always wondered if the neck sizer dies made much differance sounds like they might be worth the investment.
By the way what loads are you shooting? I just got a 24" fluted barrel last year for christmas,the only loads I had time to work up so far over the summer were 58 grain Vmax's I just bought some 100 grain hornaday sp today gonna try to work up a load for it for Deer season. Good luck with your NICE setup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts